6.12.2009

I'm goin to camp!!



You'll have to excuse my absence next week on my blogging...but I'm going to CAMP! I couldn't be more excited! I was a camper at Camp Loucon for the first time when I was 8 years old, and have yet to miss a summer since! This will be my NINETEENTH year at camp! Wow...Thats crazy! I was a camper up until I was in high school, and have gone back as a counselor for a week each summer since I was in college.  

Loucon is a Methodist camp located in Leitchfield, KY.  As silly as it may sound, I kinda refer to Loucon as my "happy place."  Its where I credit the foundation for my relationship with God.  I not only learned more about Him through the bible studies and worship services, but also really learned what it meant to experience Him, and make Him a part of my daily life.  As a camper I looked up to the counselors and staff members as I watched them just love life.  It took me a few summers to "get it."  I didn't understand exactly what it was that was making them so happy, but all I knew is what I wanted what they had.  Through conversations and prayer with those staff members and counselors, I learned that their happiness came from within, and from living your life with one goal in mind...to please the Lord.   So, it is my hope going back each summer that I will be able to pour into the campers like I was poured in to for so many years.  And not only will I have the chance to hopefully pour into them, but I am positive they will bless my life as well. 

In addition to the awesome worship and prayer time I know we will have, we will also be having a ball doing things like canoeing, hiking, folk dancing, hayrides, campfires, high ropes course, swimming, zipline....oh and sleeping with spiders and showering with multiple moths and beetles at my feet....i CAN'T WAIT!

I took these 2 pictures last summer.  The one above is of my friend Jason leading a small worship service with our campers.  And the one below is one of my favorite pictures.  Not only because I think its kinda artsy and cool-lookin, but seeing it takes me back to camp.  I was on a hike with our campers on our way to one of our fun activities, and I just happened to look down and see this on the ground.  Just a little reminder of why we were put on this earth. 

So anyway, I'm leaving on Sunday and will be there until Friday....til next time...


1 comment:

emmysue said...

I love that you love Loucon so much. And...that's one of my favorite pictures, too, which is why I was so excited when you gave it to me for Christmas. It hangs next to my bed. Love you and can't wait to see you tomorrow night!